Pay As You Go Furniture Upcycling Studio For Hire
Upcyclers - hire my studio
Calling all Birmingham and West Midlands based upcycling professionals and furniture artists - whatever title you go by, if you give furniture new leases of life, this is for you.
I’ve been upcycling furniture for a few years now and I’ve noticed a need in our community that I have a solution for.
If your upcycling business, however big or small, is home-based, you may find yourself turning down commissioned work for large pieces because you simply do not have the space in your home or your budget to take the work on.
The solution you need is here. Hire my upcycling workshop in Birmingham on an ad hoc basis. Pay-as-you-go workspace hire allows you to take on larger projects without the expense of a permanent workspace that you may not need full time. It’s cost-effective and low commitment.
I think one of the most brilliant things about our upcycling community is how collaborative we are, but day-to-day it can be lonely. A change of scenery and a little bit of company can make the days go faster.
What are the benefits of pay as you go hire, at the Styled By Melissa Upcycling Studio?
- It’s a 310 sq.ft unit - split into two spaces
- Bright, light and airy in the main workshop
- Access to and use of a courtyard
- Tea and coffee station (including Dolce Gusto and a milk frother)
- Microwave and small fridge
- Accessible, secure ground floor space
- Private toilets
- Quiet, desirable location in Birmingham’s iconic Jewellery Quarter
- Great transport links (90 second walk from the train and tram station)
- Ample, inexpensive street parking
- Local amenities nearby (Tesco, Greggs, Subway and a range of independent coffee shops and restaurants)
- Street access for deliveries and kerbside pickup
- Staging area
- Storage of your piece - have pieces materials delivered to my studio in advance (small additional fee incurred if more than a week ahead of time).
Get in touch with dates and your requirements to confirm your reservation. Pricing is as follows:
£60 for half day
£100 for a full day
OR Five day pass £350
- I've booked five days, do I have to use them consecutively?
No. You can split the days, as long as they're used within three months of booking. We know how commissioning work can go sometimes, so I want to allow for flexibility.
- What, if any, equipment and tools do I have access to in the studio?
At this point in time, none of my personal tools are available for use. However, I'm looking to build a library of items especially for visitors in the future.